Half Day Afternoon Tour Itinerary
- Afternoon tour to the Yarra Valley (Fridays only)
- Enjoy a small personal group tour experience
- Travel in a luxury Mercedes Benz mini-coach
- Enjoy a glass of champagne at Domaine Chandon
- Enjoy a wine tasting at a top Yarra Valley winery
- Sample some excellent hand made cheeses at the Yarra Valley Dairy
Our last visit is to the Yarra Valley Chocolate Factory to have a tasting of 8-10 of their hand made chocolates
| Friday afternoons only
(other days by arrangement - for private groups)
|12:20pm Melbourne Return Approx. 5:30-6:00pm|
Yarra Valley Afternoon Tour - Fridays only
(Other days by arrangement. NOT available on weekends.)
Yarra Valley Afternoon Tour
Please Note: All bookings are made online. We are unable to take phone bookings.
- Enjoy a half day afternoon tour from Melbourne to experience the best of of the Yarra Valley. We offer a small personal tour experience where you will travel on board one of our 14 or 16 passenger seat luxury Mercedes Benz mini-coaches. If you are looking for a Friday afternoon with a difference with
beautiful scenery, Australian champagne, great wines and fine
chocolates, then this tour is for you.
- Pick up in Melbourne from St. Paul's Cathedral at 12.20pm (Flinders Street entrance - corner of Flinders Street and Swanston Street, opposite Federation Square).
- Enjoy the scenery of this wine region as you cruise around the Yarra Valley for the afternoon. The tour itinerary includes visits to 2 wineries; Domaine Chandon for a glass of champagne and either Yering Station or Oakridge Winery for a wine tasting, a cheese tasting at the Yarra Valley Dairy and a chocolate tasting at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice creamery(factory).
Domaine Chandon is part of the French Champagne House, Moët et Chandon. Here you will enjoy a glass of bubbles/sparkling wine at this magnificent winery. Choose from one of four champagne glass options i.e. "Australian sparkling" (i.e. champagne but not called "champagne" here in Australia , as not produced in the French Champagne region). Take in the sweeping view of the Valley and bring your camera along for a great photo opportunity!
- You will then visit either Yering Station or Oakridge Winery. Yering Station, which is the oldest winery in Victoria dating back to 1838, offers an unforgettable wine experience where you will get to sample some of their award winning wines. Oakridge Winery founded in 1978 has evolved as an outstanding winery in the region and also offers award winning wines. Enjoy a wine tasting and sample from a range of many white and red varietals at either of these two wineries.
Take a visit to the old farmhouse cheese shop at the Yarra Valley Dairy, producer of some excellent cheeses. Enjoy a tasting of up to 5 of their hand made cheeses. Purchase from a large range of cheeses, pates, terrines and other regional produce. Keep your purchases cool on the on-board fridge on our bus!
Finish your afternoon tour with a visit to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie, home to a vast range of chocolates. Here you will do a chocolate tasting and sample 8-10 different gourmet chocolates made from local ingredients and the finest quality Belgian chocolate.
Relax as we cruise back to the city via the freeway arriving back to Melbourne around approx. 5.30-6.00pm.
NOTE: this tour does NOT include lunch and there is no opportunity during the tour to stop for lunch or snacks. We therefore strongly recommend that you have an early lunch before joining the tour. We recommend Degraves Street in Melbourne CBD, a great place to have brunch or an early lunch. This laneway features many cafes, restaurants and shops and is also a popular place for street performers and buskers. Degraves Street runs between Flinders Street and Flinders Lane and is only a 5 minute walk to the meeting point at St. Paul's Cathedral on Flinders Street!Please Note: All bookings are made online. We are unable to take phone bookings
Click here to Book Now
Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours
Suite 32, 211 Wellington Parade South
East Melbourne 3002 Australia
Phone: 03 9650 0888
International Enquiries call: +613 9650 0888
- Mercedes Benz coach
- Small group experience
- All Wine Tastings
- Cheese Tasting
- Chocolate Tasting
The concierge at our hotel recommend this tour
as 'the best' in the whole of the Yarra Valley-a bit skeptical, I hunted
down the reviews, and was impressed with what I read-and even more
impressed with the guide (Christian) and effortlessly polite manner in
which he managed to keep 13 people (not one group of 13-more like 3-4
smaller groups) on time, in line, and place us exactly where we needed
to be to avoid the crowds, and maximize the tasting opportunities. I
highly recommend this company, the tour, and Christian in particular.
Just a perfect host!
Rhoda, New York, NY
The Friday afternoon wine tour was the perfect start to our girls weekend away in Melbourne. It ticked all the boxes; champagne, wine, cheese & chocs - we couldn't have asked for more! Definitely put this on your to do list. Thank you!Sasha, Sydney
Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours was perfect
for our weekend away in Melbourne. The afternoon tour ticked all the boxes!
Emma, Anglesea, UK
Wonderful introduction to the Yarra Valley and met some great people as
well, would take the tour again! Our tour guide was
informative and obviously has a great rapport with the wineries we
visited. He guided us without pressure on time or purchases. Thanks for a
fantastic day out!
Donna, Geelong, VIC